Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Summer Salsa


 


It's hot, hot, hot here in the Twin Cities and as most salsa will heat you up even more, this combo will cool you down. Whenever I have this salsa it takes me to a whole new level of food coma. I have to really pace myself it's that good. 

My mother used to make this recipe all the time when I was growing up. It always brings be back to a time when I was bright eyed, bushy tailed, and a ball of energy (so when I was still in college).

The recipe has the perfect blend of fresh veggies, the right amount of vinegar, a dash of spice, and of course lets take our hats off and bow down to the wonderfulness that is the avocado. YUM.

This is a great dish to bring to your next BBQ or get-together!





























Salsa the Great

1 15 oz can of black beans
1 11 oz can of corn
1-2 Globe tomatoes, diced
1/2 Red onion, diced finely
1 Avocado, diced
1 Tbls olive oil
1 Tbls red wine vinegar
1/2 1.06 oz package of zesty Italian seasoning
Fresh cilantro, chopped to taste
Fresh lime juice, to taste

In a large bowl combine all ingredients.  Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.  Refrigerate leftovers for 3 to 4 days.  



Happy salsa makin',


-Bethany  

No comments:

Post a Comment