Saturday, January 26, 2013

Milk & Cookies


I have a sweet tooth, it's true. I cant help it! I just love baking! The other night, after Ryan and I had dinner (homemade meatballs), we were craving something sweet.  I thought, "What do I have in the kitchen that I could make cookies with... NUTELLA!!" So I looked up a recipe using peanut butter and Nutella. (Sounds amazing right?) Well, I started mixing all the ingredients and after I was done I read that I made them wrong... oops. I wasn't suppose to mix the Nutella in until later. SO I put them in the oven anyway... and you know what? The results were great! They definitely tasted more like peanut butter than chocolate, but I loved them anyway.  As twenty-somethings we may not always get things right, especially in the kitchen, but if we give it our best shot and follow through the results can be delicious.


PEANUT BUTTER NUTELLA COOKIES:


1 cup butter (2 sticks) room temperature
2/3 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy – I like crunchy)
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 2/3 cup flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
heaping 1/3 cup Nutella

Cream butter, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla together until smooth. Combine flour, baking soda and salt and add to butter mixture. Add Nutella in dollops over the top of the dough.  Use a butter knife to swirl the Nutella through the dough.  Do not over mix.  Chill the dough in fridge for 15 minutes before spooning onto cookie sheet to firm the nutella.  Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.  Bake until slightly brown at edges.  Let cool a few minutes on cookie sheet before transferring.


I got the recipe from this blog. HERE


Also, I am in love with milk. SO tasty!

Love-
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment