Thursday, February 27, 2014

Ginger Bread Waffles


I am a long time lover of breakfast. I love slow mornings that start with a good breakfast and hot coffee. I also start these mornings with blasting a really happy record to get me excited and ready for the day. I love when we have guests over and I get to spoil them in the morning! There is just something so nice waking up and cooking for the ones you love. Plus, there is nothing better than waking up to the smell of waffles.




Ginger Bread Waffle

4 eggs
1 cup molasses
1 cup buttermilk
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup butter, melted
Maple syrup

Start by beating eggs until light and fluffy, add the sugar, molasses and buttermilk and mix until smooth about 1 min. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, spices, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Add the dry mix to the egg mix, stir together when smooth add butter. Cooks in the waffle maker 2-4 min, makes 14 waffles!

Recipe from Spoonful




I don't know about you but I am getting a little tired of the cold and snow, these pretty flowers have helped me see the light at the end of the tunnel.  SPRING will be here... soonish, or at least that's what we are hoping for here in Minnesota. But for now we have these tasty waffles to cheer us up.




Happy breakfast time!

-Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment