Friday, April 5, 2013

Lemon-Soy Sauce Tilapia


I don't know about you, but I have been eating a lot of fish lately. I am trying to be better about eating things that are good for me and finding new recipes that taste great as well! This week I was able to sit down and really look at recipes in my cookbooks and I said, "OMG! I actually have all of these ingredients." I struggle with never having the ingredients that a recipe calls for or the motivation to buy new items I would only use once. This is hard when you want to mix things up. 

-------------

This was easy and really delicious. 






LEMON-SOY SAUCE FISH: 

1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 Tbls sugar
1/2 tsp ginger
4 fresh or thawed tilapia fillets
1/2 tsp salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning 






In a plastic bag combine juice, soy sauce, sugar and ginger. Add fish and let sit in the refrigerator for about thirty minutes. Take the fillets and place in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper, I also mixed in a little handful bread crumbs. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes until fish flakes easily with a fork. 

Recipe from The Taste of Home Cookbook




Fish pairs well with white wine and I added a simple spinach salad as a side. All and all a healthy dinner for two. 






































Living in a place like the great state Minnesota, where fishing is a huge part of our culture, it is so easy to take advantage of our natural resources. People are crazy about their year-round fishing here, it's pretty awesome. Instead of buying tilapia you could take the chance to get fresh fish from a lake yourself, a friend, or a local fish market!

Happy cooking!!!

-Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment