Saturday, February 2, 2013

{Super Bowl Series} PIZZA PIE


Do you remember that Mary-Kate and Ashley movie where they had a sleep-over, made the nastiest looking pizza ever, and they sang that awesome song "Gimme Pizza"?  Well, do me a favor a watch THIS and be amazed. Seriously, that will be stuck in your head all day AND I hope you sing it when you make this yummy, yummy PIZZZZZZA.

Ok, let's get down to biz. Everyone, and I mean everyone, orders pizza for the Super Bowl. It has become a real American tradition. The past two years I have decided to make my own pizza for the game and it has been so much more satisfying.

The really great thing about homemade pizza is it can be as healthy or unhealthy as you'd like. I mostly go for the simple margarita pizzas, like the one I am about to show you. However, you can make any kind you want for the game! Be creative, it gives you a chance to one up someone who brought a boring pack of off-brand Oreo's (thanks guy, I'm glad you spent $2 on"Oreo's"). Anyways rant aside, have fun with this and enjoy a pizza thats not covered in grease.


ZAZAZA PIZZA:

1 Pkg pizza dough (store bought) 
2 1/2 cup tomato
2 cups fresh basil
4 cups mozzarella cheese
1 jar marinara sauce 




Make two equal size balls with the dough, roll them out into 14 inch circles, or one big one pizza. I typically make two because I like my pizza thin, if you want a thick crust just do the one pizza. After you have your dough rolled out, put them on a pizza baking sheet. (I once made my whole pizza without doing this first. Not good.)  

Add half a jar of the sauce to one pizza then add half of the cheese your cheese. Top with all the delicious tomatoes and basil. Do the same for the second pizza. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 min. 



Make this pizza your own, do whatever you'd like, that's the fun of it all. 

Love-
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment