Sunday, February 17, 2013

Smoothie


 I am SO pumped to show you this recipe I made up! Woot, woot. One of my good friends Kerry is always saying, "OHHH YUUUP," when something is really, really good. So that is what I named this really, really delicious smoothie. 


OH YUUUP SMOOTHIE:

1-Banana 
1-Cup frozen berries
1- Cup greek yogurt
1- Tbsp lemon juice
1/4- Cup protein powder
1 1/2- Orange Juice

Delicately take the banana with one hand, from the top of the banana and start to peel the outer layer off. When you have successfully done this,  get your best knife and cut the peeled banana in three or four parts, place banana in a clean blender. Next, remove the frozen berries from the freezer, with both hands open the plastic bag, without freezing yourself remove the berries and place into the blender. When getting the greek yogurt of the refrigerator you want to be sure you don't hit your head on the top of the refrigerator, this can cause a lot of pain to the back of your head and may induce lots of profanity. After you have been cleared from the refrigerator you may add the greek yogurt to the blender. When I say "lemon juice" I don't mean buy an already juiced lemon, I mean go to the market, buy the prettiest lemon, take it home and spend the time juicing a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice, this will make or break your smoothie, trust me on this. Put Protein powder in blender. The orange juice can often times be the hardest part of making a smoothie, sometimes it takes two or three tries to open the bottle of orange juice, it's always a good idea to have a friend or neighbor around just in case this task can be overwhelming for you. Use the resources around you to help you create and enjoy this amazing and life changing "OH YUUUP" smoothie. 





hahahaha
-Bethany :)

1 comment:

  1. What perfect timing - my roommate and I spent all day talking about how we wanted to make smoothies this week! Love it.

    ReplyDelete