Thursday, February 19, 2015

Our Twenty Something Table




My Twenty-Something Table 
It's old, tattered, chipped and fugly.
Made of wood, nails and screws.
Our conversations are not always lovely.
We joke, we drink, we chew. 
At my twenty-something table
we sit there with the old and the new
after this we're gonna feel tumbly
say, can I have another brew?
god this table is ugly
thats like so taboo
I love my twenty-something table
as I laugh along with you
the food we made is kinda smugly
but the lives we lead are true
 at least we're not going hungry
I'm just glad I can share some with you.
At my twenty-something table



We need to be reminded of how great we have it more often. We have food on our tables, a roof over our heads and the best company we could ask for. So today remind yourself of how good life is, how lucky you are to have people who love you, and how amazing it is that you are alive.

Love, Bethany & Whitney 

No comments:

Post a Comment